Jefferies Downgrades L Brands (LB) to Underperform; Expecting a Down FY18
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies downgraded L Brands (NYSE: LB) from Hold to Underperform with a price target of $50.00 (from $70.00), saying they are now expecting a down FY18.
Analyst Randal Konik commented, "We see risks increasing at LB, given rising competition and pricing compression at VS (esp. in bras), and forecast down YoY EPS in FY'18, well below cons. While we expect BBW to have a strong holiday, we see fundamentals inflecting negatively and believe we are in the early innings of a negative EPS revision cycle. We see a turn taking longer than expected, and expect a multiple rerating. Downgrade to Underperform, PT to $50"
The firm cut FY17 EPS from $3.70 to $3.65 and FY18 EPS from $4.00 to $3.25.
Shares of L Brands closed at $65.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Randal Konik
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!