Jefferies Downgrades HMS Holdings (HMSY) to Hold; Valuation Full Amid Improved Outlook
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies downgrade HMS Holdings (Nasdaq: HMSY) from Buy to Hold, but lifts its price target from $19 to $23 upon revisit of valuation metrics.
Analyst David Windley commented today,
HMSY's traction among health plans, including with its novel prepay clinical review product, has buoyed Commercial growth and investor sentiment. However, we believe 20% Commercial growth and successful NJ reprocurement already are discounted in the stock, as evidenced by the +90% YTD move and premium NTM P/E valuation (vs. 3- and 5-yr historic averages). HMSY has topped our PT making risk/reward on near-term events unfavorable.
On key contracts:
Consensus expectations seem to already reflect retention of NJ, and we include $28M in 2017 revenue. HMS continues to wait for guidance from NJ on protest and/or reprocurement. Failing to secure NJ is a $2-3 risk to the stock. On Medicare RAC, HMS has submitted bids for multiple regions; awards could be made by year-end. Lower ADR limits and unattractive payment terms mean the economics of the new contracts will be (far) less attractive than the prior program.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades ARIAD Pharmaceuticals (ARIA) to Underweight
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Microsoft (MSFT) to $65 Following 1Q Beat
- Susquehanna Cuts Price Target on KLA-Tencor (KLAC) Following Strong 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!