Jefferies Downgrades Fifth Third Bancorp (FITB) to Hold
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies downgraded Fifth Third Bancorp (NASDAQ: FITB) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $22.00 (from $19.50), citing valuation following the recent catch-up move in the stock.
Analyst Ken Usdin commented, "We move to Hold after a good catch-up move that puts FITB shares at a reasonable valuation. Better EPS est. stability, unrealized Vantiv gains, and potential ROA/ROE help from Project North Star are positives. EPS growth out to '18 looks to be below peers, due to slow rev. growth and rising provisions, while North Star could take time to help results. We see 12x on $1.85 EPS for '18 as a reasonable P/E (PT rolls to $22), in line with the group."
Shares of Fifth Third Bancorp closed at $20.74 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
- Cowen Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!