Jefferies Downgrades Boston Private Financial (BPFH) to Hold
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies downgraded Boston Private Financial (NASDAQ: BPFH) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $14.00 (from $15.00) to reflect post-election stock/EPS dynamics.
Analyst Ken Usdin commented, "We move to the sidelines as BPFH has widened its P/E premium to peers on a P/E basis (now a 2.6x premium vs. 1.8x on Nov. 8). We see limited additional upside given a bottom decile asset-sensitivity profile and lack of meaningful exposure to any potential infrastructure spending bill. BPFH's asset-sensitivity is limited by its high loan/deposit ratio, low percentage of earning assets repricing within one year and lower mix of noninterest-bearing deposits relative to earning assets. Furthermore, in the last rate cycle, BPFH had an above-average deposit beta relative to peers, which could keep NIM benefits from rate hikes contained again this cycle. Our price target of $14 implies 17.5x our '18 EPS estimate, or 105% of the current '17 S&P 500 P/E multiple. Upside risks to our downgrade: return to stronger inflows and faster overall wealth management growth, stronger than expected loan growth, longer-than-expected life of credit recoveries."
Shares of Boston Private Financial closed at $15.55 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Mizuho Securities Adjusts Estimates Following Gap, Inc. (GPS) Comp Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Standard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!