Jefferies Downgrades Anthem (ANTM) to Hold
- Global stocks sag as bond 'bloodbath' shows no sign of letting up
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies downgraded Anthem (NYSE: ANTM) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $138.00.
Analsyt David Windley commented, "We modestly lower 2017E EPS, which is now 6% below consensus and reduce our price target to $138. While the stock is the least expensive in the group, we are concerned this year's significant SG&A were too deep. We believe 2017 EPS growth is limited by restoration of half of those cuts. The belt-tightening also potentially signals under-investment in the platform. Additionally, we note 1) Exchange exposure is highest in the group and is likely to create noise; and 2) while MA growth should resume in 2017, its overall impact to ANTM is small (contributes < 10% of revenue)."
Shares of Anthem closed at $128.58 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Western Digital (WDC) to $75; Reiterates Buy
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!