Jefferies Downgrades American Electric Power (AEP) to Hold
- Wall Street opens slightly lower as oil falls
- Boston Scientific (BSX) to Acquire EndoChoice (GI) in ~$210M Deal
- Oil prices slip as hopes for a deal in Algiers fade
- Mexican and Canadian currencies rise, investors feel Clinton won debate
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 09/27: (GI) (KITE) (INFI) Higher; (NAT) (SXL) (RICE) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies downgraded American Electric Power (NYSE: AEP) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $67.00 (from $77.00) citing valuation.
Analyst Anthony Crowdell commented, "We are downgrading AEP to Hold from Buy on valuation. We are lowering our 2017-2019 EPS estimates, and our $4.20 estimate in 2019 assumes 6% growth at the utilities and guidance 'base case' earnings at the Transco. We do not think the Street is factoring in the loss of genco earnings in 2017-2019. Our price target assumes a group average multiple, and we currently finding the stock trading at a 2% discount."
Shares of American Electric Power closed at $65.42 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Thinks Lilly (LLY) is Compelling With or Without Potential Blockbuster AD Drug Sola; Analyst Raises Rating to 'Buy'
- Stifel Reiterates Buy Following Carnival Corp's (CCL) Strong 3Q
- UPDATE: BMO Capital Upgrades Crown Holdings (CCK) to Outperform as Analyst Sees Upside Break Out
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!