Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Williams-Sonoma (WSM) to $56 Following 2Q
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Williams-Sonoma (NYSE: WSM), and cut the price target to $56.00 (from $57.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. EPS of $0.58 came in line with the Street’s estimate. Comparable brand sales were +0.5%, well below the Street estimate for +2.8%. The company noted a softening retail environment due to softer consumer spending in the category and slower mall traffic.
Analyst Daniel Binder commented, "Q2 EPS came in in line with estimates, but reflected strong cost controls as sales came in light of expectations. All brands but West Elm were either about flat or down as management points to softer consumer spending in the category. Promotions in the industry remain high, but management noted merchandise margins are only down slightly and selling margin was flat (ex global) as supply chain and inventory provided a positive offset."
Shares of Williams-Sonoma closed at $54.14 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!