Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Williams-Sonoma (WSM) to $56 Following 2Q
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Williams-Sonoma (NYSE: WSM), and cut the price target to $56.00 (from $57.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. EPS of $0.58 came in line with the Street’s estimate. Comparable brand sales were +0.5%, well below the Street estimate for +2.8%. The company noted a softening retail environment due to softer consumer spending in the category and slower mall traffic.
Analyst Daniel Binder commented, "Q2 EPS came in in line with estimates, but reflected strong cost controls as sales came in light of expectations. All brands but West Elm were either about flat or down as management points to softer consumer spending in the category. Promotions in the industry remain high, but management noted merchandise margins are only down slightly and selling margin was flat (ex global) as supply chain and inventory provided a positive offset."
Shares of Williams-Sonoma closed at $54.14 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- United Rentals (URI) PT Raised to $130 at Jefferies Ahead of 4Q Report
- Instinet (Nomura) Downgrades Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!