Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Waters Corp. (WAT) Following Revenue Miss
- S&P, Nasdaq hit highs on gains in health, tech stocks
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Waters Corp. (NYSE: WAT), and cut the price target to $145.00 (from $150.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. EPS of $1.57 matched the consensus view as marginally better profitability offset weaker core revenue growth. Core revenue growth of +5% was ~100bps weaker than expected.
Analyst Brandon Couillard commented, "3Q16 revenues missed for the first time in >2 yrs, snapping a long period of consecutive beat/raise prints, as core growth came in ~100bps below expectations on materially weaker gov't/academic demand. With limited visibility to an improvement in either academic or industrial demand, 2017 leans more heavily on biopharma. Despite the pullback, we continue to view the risk/reward as balanced."
Shares of Waters Corp. closed at $138.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $30 Following 4Q
- Restoration Hardware (RH) PT Cut to $30 at Cowen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!