Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Waters Corp. (WAT) Following Revenue Miss
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Waters Corp. (NYSE: WAT), and cut the price target to $145.00 (from $150.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. EPS of $1.57 matched the consensus view as marginally better profitability offset weaker core revenue growth. Core revenue growth of +5% was ~100bps weaker than expected.
Analyst Brandon Couillard commented, "3Q16 revenues missed for the first time in >2 yrs, snapping a long period of consecutive beat/raise prints, as core growth came in ~100bps below expectations on materially weaker gov't/academic demand. With limited visibility to an improvement in either academic or industrial demand, 2017 leans more heavily on biopharma. Despite the pullback, we continue to view the risk/reward as balanced."
Shares of Waters Corp. closed at $138.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!