Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Waters Corp. (WAT) Following Revenue Miss
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Waters Corp. (NYSE: WAT), and cut the price target to $145.00 (from $150.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. EPS of $1.57 matched the consensus view as marginally better profitability offset weaker core revenue growth. Core revenue growth of +5% was ~100bps weaker than expected.
Analyst Brandon Couillard commented, "3Q16 revenues missed for the first time in >2 yrs, snapping a long period of consecutive beat/raise prints, as core growth came in ~100bps below expectations on materially weaker gov't/academic demand. With limited visibility to an improvement in either academic or industrial demand, 2017 leans more heavily on biopharma. Despite the pullback, we continue to view the risk/reward as balanced."
Shares of Waters Corp. closed at $138.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- UBS Cuts Price Target on SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) to $13
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades AZZ Inc. (AZZ) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!