Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR); Reiterates Hold
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Waddell & Reed Financial (NYSE: WDR), and cut the price target to $18.00 (from $19.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. The company highlighted -$440M of known redemptions to come out in 4Q16 as well as a slowing in gross retail sales trends in October when compared to Sept and the avg for 3Q16. Management was straightforward in acknowledging the challenges they face given regulatory changes, industry headwinds and current performance challenges.
Analyst Daniel Fannon commented, "WDR reported results that were above expectations on an adjusted basis, but also highlighted the ongoing challenges the company faces to stabilize assets. While outflows declined by close to 50% q/q, outflows in the advisor channel are beginning to pick up and investment performance across the platform remains challenged. While the $0.46/qtr dividend is secure for now, it will likely be re-evaluated if there is a market correction."
Shares of Waddell & Reed closed at $16.92 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $30 Following 4Q
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ollie's Bargain Outlet (OLLI) Following 3Q
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Lululemon Athletica Inc. (LULU) to Buy; Sees Upside Continuing
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!