Jefferies Cuts Price Target on VCA Antech (WOOF) Following 3Q Miss
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on VCA Antech (NASDAQ: WOOF), and cut the price target to $60.00 (from $69.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. WOOF reported below-consensus results with EPS of $0.79 coming in 2c short, and revenues of $657MM at $12MM below expectations. However, Jefferies continues to believe that the company's operating fundamentals remain strong.
Analyst Brian Tanquilut commented, "Our Hold rating on WOOF has been predicated on our view that the stock's valuation was rich and that investor expectations for both 2015 and 2016 have been elevated. That said, we believe company fundamentals remain strong and that volume trends are actually robust (SSS of ~+5.5% in both lab and hospital segments) and should remain healthy (both price & volume-driven) as long as the US consumer market holds up."
Shares of VCA Antech closed at $63.20 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Credit Suisse Downgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Underperform
- MoffettNathanson Downgrades AMC Networks (AMCX) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!