Jefferies Cuts Price Target on VCA Antech (WOOF) Following 3Q Miss
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on VCA Antech (NASDAQ: WOOF), and cut the price target to $60.00 (from $69.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. WOOF reported below-consensus results with EPS of $0.79 coming in 2c short, and revenues of $657MM at $12MM below expectations. However, Jefferies continues to believe that the company's operating fundamentals remain strong.
Analyst Brian Tanquilut commented, "Our Hold rating on WOOF has been predicated on our view that the stock's valuation was rich and that investor expectations for both 2015 and 2016 have been elevated. That said, we believe company fundamentals remain strong and that volume trends are actually robust (SSS of ~+5.5% in both lab and hospital segments) and should remain healthy (both price & volume-driven) as long as the US consumer market holds up."
Shares of VCA Antech closed at $63.20 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Pure Storage, Inc. (PSTG) Following 3Q; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!