Jefferies Cuts Price Target on TripAdvisor (TRIP) to $59 Following Mixed 3Q
- Wall Street dips as investors turn defensive
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- McDonald's (MCD) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on TripAdvisor (NASDAQ: TRIP), and cut the price target to $59.00 (from $68.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Total revenue was reported at $421MM, below the Street's $437MM. Operating EPS of $0.53 beat consensus by $0.01 on lower tax rate.
Analyst Brian Fitzgerald commented, "TripAdvisor reported further dilution (lower monetization and delayed revenue recognition) from the global Instant Booking (IB) roll-out and continuing shift to mobile (lower monetization). The product portfolio and platform are positioned well for LT growth (US market showing good indications) but getting there will take time and put further pressure on profitability. We maintain our Hold and lower PT to $59."
Shares of TripAdvisor closed at $52.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Procter & Gamble (PG) PT Raised to $96 at UBS Following 2Q Report
- Procter & Gamble (PG) PT Raised to $99 at Jefferies Following 2Q Beat
- CytoSorbents (CTSO) PT Raised to $10 at Maxim Group
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!