Jefferies Cuts Price Target on TripAdvisor (TRIP) to $59 Following Mixed 3Q
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on TripAdvisor (NASDAQ: TRIP), and cut the price target to $59.00 (from $68.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Total revenue was reported at $421MM, below the Street's $437MM. Operating EPS of $0.53 beat consensus by $0.01 on lower tax rate.
Analyst Brian Fitzgerald commented, "TripAdvisor reported further dilution (lower monetization and delayed revenue recognition) from the global Instant Booking (IB) roll-out and continuing shift to mobile (lower monetization). The product portfolio and platform are positioned well for LT growth (US market showing good indications) but getting there will take time and put further pressure on profitability. We maintain our Hold and lower PT to $59."
Shares of TripAdvisor closed at $52.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- ULTA Salon (ULTA) PT Raised to $290 at Stifel But Remains Sidelined
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!