Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Sonic Corp (SONC) to $28 Ahead of 4Q Report
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Sonic Corp (NASDAQ: SONC), and cut the price target to $28.00 (from $30.00), ahead of the company's 4Q earnings report. SONC preannounced F4Q system SSS of -2% vs. the consensus of +0.5%, with Company SSS of -3% coming in a bit lighter than Franchise of -1.8%.
Analyst Alexander Slagle commented, "SONC preann F4Q (ended Aug) SSS of -2% (vs Cons +0.5%), with Adj EPS to be $0.43-0.45 (vs Cons $0.48). The SSS miss was driven by weaker-thanexpected traffic, mirroring the softer trends seen across the industry in July & August (as depicted in our MillerPulse SSS data), and continued aggressive competitive activity. Stock likely trades down tomorrow; however, we think investor expectations were likely a bit lower than consensus. Our PT to $28 (fr $30)."
Shares of Sonic closed at $27.44 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!