Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Sonic Corp (SONC) to $26 Following 4Q
- Wall Street flat as banks gain, utilities drag
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Sonic Corp (NASDAQ: SONC), and cut the price target to $26.00 (from $28.00), following the company's 4Q earnings report. The company did not provide intra-quarter SSS trends, guesses based on commentary during the conference call is that QTD F1Q SSS remains down at least 2%.
Analyst Alexander Slagle commented, "Stock to be down as F17 guide for negative SSS (-2% to flat) and down earnings (-7% to flat) is well below Street’s optimistic +1.2% SSS & +12% EPS, and likely below even the most conservative investor expectations. Investments in people, technology & growth infrastructure should set the brand up for success down the road, but unfortunately these costs are weighing on margins more than expected as SSS slow on competitive headwinds & visibility remains limited."
Shares of Sonic closed at $26.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PennTex Midstream Partners, LP (PTXP) to Hold
- AutoZone (AZO) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Light of Views
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Gibraltar Industries (ROCK) to $52; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!