Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Signature Bank (SBNY) Following Investor Lunch
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
- Trump nominates Ben Carson to head HUD
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on Signature Bank (NASDAQ: SBNY), and cut the price target to $149.00 (from $150.00), following an investor lunch with management.
Analyst Casey Haire commented, "Nearterm growth dynamics remain robust with loans up over $1b QTD and a strong pipeline for 4Q, but mgmt. pointed to moderating growth in 2017 given lighter CRE refi volumes. In order to offset slower CRE growth, mgmt. is pushing harder on C&I noting that the rise in the front-end of the curve has made the asset class more attractive. Mgmt. conceded competition is more fierce vs. CRE, but C&I growth has been stronger in 3Q vs. 2Q. No sign of a slowdown on the deposit front (also up over $1b QTD) and the outlook for hiring remains strong. Accordingly, our balance sheet growth forecast is revised only slightly lower, but the weaker loan growth takes a dime from our 2017 estimate (now $9.30)."
Shares of Signature Bank closed at $118.78 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades National Beverage (FIZZ) to Outperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE): What The Bears Are Missing - Needham
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!