Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- Wall Street set to open flat as investors test rally
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
- Oil slips on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/07: (EMKR) (PLAY) (WDC) Higher; (SIGM) (AVAV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating on Reliance Steel & Aluminum (NYSE: RS), and cut the price target to $70.00 (from $72.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. RS reported adjusted EPS of $1.25, which was below the consensus of $1.32, and at the lower end of the $1.25-1.35 guidance range. Management guided to adjusted 4Q16 EPS of $0.65-0.75, which was below the consensus of $1.03 ($0.80-1.25 range).
Analyst Seth Rosenfeld commented, "RS reported adj. 3Q16 EPS of $1.25, which was at the bottom of guidance range ($1.25-1.35) and below our $1.35 estimate. Mgmt noted that both pricing and demand deterioration was greater than initially anticipated. RS continues to evaluate its footprint, culling some energy-related businesses, but continues its focus on organic and acquisitive growth with ample financial flexibility. Maintain Hold."
Shares of Reliance Steel & Aluminum closed at $69.68 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Western Digital (WDC): Takeaways From Analyst Day, Raising PT - Susquehanna
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades MGM Growth Properties (MGP) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!