Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Pier 1 Imports (PIR) Following 2Q Pre-Announcement
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Pier 1 Imports (NYSE: PIR), and cut the price target to $4.25 (from $5.25), following the company's 2Q pre-announcement. Management pre-announced a Q2 comp and EPS miss, now expecting same store sales to be down 4.3% compared to the Street at -0.4% and guidance of -1% to +1%. EPS is expected to now be -$0.06 - $0.05, which is at the lower end of prior guidance of -$0.06 - $0.00.
Analyst Daniel Binder commented, "PIR pre-announced disappointing Q2 comp sales and guided to the lower end of the prior range. Store traffic remained weak and we believe this reflects a combination of retail sales growth slowing in this sector, greater competitive pressures and the company’s decision to be more balanced in its approach to promotions. PIR also announced that President and CEO Alex Smith will be stepping down at the end of the year with a CEO search underway."
Shares of Pier 1 Imports closed at $4.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $45 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!