Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Pepsi (PEP) to $122; Reiterates Buy
- Wall Street dips as Verizon drags; AmEx curbs losses
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- UPDATE: Qualcomm (QCOM), NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) Deal Could be Announced Next Week - Bloomberg
- Tesla (TSLA) Announces Self-Driving Hardware for All Vehicles in Production; Includes Model 3
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c; Guides FY17 EPS
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on Pepsico (NYSE: PEP), and cut the price target to $122.00 (from $124.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. PEP’s $1.40 in EPS came in 6% ahead of the Street's estimate on a strong topline 4.2% org sales vs. 2.7% estimates.
Analyst Kevin Grundy commented, "We continue to recommend PEP following a strong 3Q, which included "signs of improvement" in EMs (+8% in qtr), strength at FLNA, as well as upside in NA Bevs. Following 3.7% org sales growth YTD (vs. staples ~3.5%), PEP is well positioned to deliver on its 4% guide for the year and we see ~2-3 pts of potential upside to PEP's upwardly revised FY16 EPS guide. Edging up FY16-18 EPS est., PEP remains a core holding. PT to $122 on a lower group multiple."
Shares of Pepsico closed at $107.76 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on American Express (AXP) to $75; Reiterates Market Perform
- Guggenheim Cuts Price Target on Tractor Supply (TSCO) Following 3Q Report
- Seagate Technology (STX): Few Surprises But Vague Guidance - BMO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!