Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Pepsi (PEP) to $122; Reiterates Buy
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on Pepsico (NYSE: PEP), and cut the price target to $122.00 (from $124.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. PEP’s $1.40 in EPS came in 6% ahead of the Street's estimate on a strong topline 4.2% org sales vs. 2.7% estimates.
Analyst Kevin Grundy commented, "We continue to recommend PEP following a strong 3Q, which included "signs of improvement" in EMs (+8% in qtr), strength at FLNA, as well as upside in NA Bevs. Following 3.7% org sales growth YTD (vs. staples ~3.5%), PEP is well positioned to deliver on its 4% guide for the year and we see ~2-3 pts of potential upside to PEP's upwardly revised FY16 EPS guide. Edging up FY16-18 EPS est., PEP remains a core holding. PT to $122 on a lower group multiple."
Shares of Pepsico closed at $107.76 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!