Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
- Wall Street flat as banks gain, utilities drag
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on PAREXEL International (NASDAQ: PRXL), and cut the price target to $67.00 (from $72.50), following the company's 1Q earnings report. EPS fell 10c below consensus and guidance midpoint. PRXL's revenue shortfall accounted for ~4c. Updated guidance reduces revenue by $20M. The 1Q miss was $25M alone. Guidance does add the ExecuPharm acquisition, and suggests that addition offsets the organic weakness over the balance of FY17.
Analyst David Windley commented, "PRXL has fumbled 3 of the last 4 FY 1Qs and 6 of the last 10. PRXL has struggled with slow study starts and resulting slowing backlog conversions for a couple of years, and heightened cancellations for ~5 quarters. These trends make a quick recovery and the revised guidance look optimistic. We expect PRXL to decline ~6-8% on Thursday."
Shares of PAREXEL International closed at $64.81 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PennTex Midstream Partners, LP (PTXP) to Hold
- Berenberg Upgrades Nucor (NUE) to Buy
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Eldorado Resorts (ERI) Ahead of Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!