Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
- S&P, Nasdaq hit highs on gains in health, tech stocks
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on PAREXEL International (NASDAQ: PRXL), and cut the price target to $67.00 (from $72.50), following the company's 1Q earnings report. EPS fell 10c below consensus and guidance midpoint. PRXL's revenue shortfall accounted for ~4c. Updated guidance reduces revenue by $20M. The 1Q miss was $25M alone. Guidance does add the ExecuPharm acquisition, and suggests that addition offsets the organic weakness over the balance of FY17.
Analyst David Windley commented, "PRXL has fumbled 3 of the last 4 FY 1Qs and 6 of the last 10. PRXL has struggled with slow study starts and resulting slowing backlog conversions for a couple of years, and heightened cancellations for ~5 quarters. These trends make a quick recovery and the revised guidance look optimistic. We expect PRXL to decline ~6-8% on Thursday."
Shares of PAREXEL International closed at $64.81 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Entergy (ETR) to $72 Following Announced PPA Termination
- Broadcom (AVGO) PT Raised to $210 at Mizuho
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!