Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on PAREXEL International (NASDAQ: PRXL), and cut the price target to $67.00 (from $72.50), following the company's 1Q earnings report. EPS fell 10c below consensus and guidance midpoint. PRXL's revenue shortfall accounted for ~4c. Updated guidance reduces revenue by $20M. The 1Q miss was $25M alone. Guidance does add the ExecuPharm acquisition, and suggests that addition offsets the organic weakness over the balance of FY17.
Analyst David Windley commented, "PRXL has fumbled 3 of the last 4 FY 1Qs and 6 of the last 10. PRXL has struggled with slow study starts and resulting slowing backlog conversions for a couple of years, and heightened cancellations for ~5 quarters. These trends make a quick recovery and the revised guidance look optimistic. We expect PRXL to decline ~6-8% on Thursday."
Shares of PAREXEL International closed at $64.81 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Instinet Raises Price Target on Noble Energy (NBL) to $44; Reiterates Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Teleflex (TFX) Ahead of Vascular Solutions (VASC) Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!