Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on PAREXEL International (NASDAQ: PRXL), and cut the price target to $67.00 (from $72.50), following the company's 1Q earnings report. EPS fell 10c below consensus and guidance midpoint. PRXL's revenue shortfall accounted for ~4c. Updated guidance reduces revenue by $20M. The 1Q miss was $25M alone. Guidance does add the ExecuPharm acquisition, and suggests that addition offsets the organic weakness over the balance of FY17.
Analyst David Windley commented, "PRXL has fumbled 3 of the last 4 FY 1Qs and 6 of the last 10. PRXL has struggled with slow study starts and resulting slowing backlog conversions for a couple of years, and heightened cancellations for ~5 quarters. These trends make a quick recovery and the revised guidance look optimistic. We expect PRXL to decline ~6-8% on Thursday."
Shares of PAREXEL International closed at $64.81 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Electric (GE) PT Lowered to $35 at UBS Following 4Q Report
- RBC Capital Reiterates Outperform on General Electric (GE) Following 4Q
- Perrigo Co. (PRGO): Cutting Estimates After Management Meeting - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!