Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Packaging Corp. (PKG) to $93; Reiterates Buy
- Wall Street drops as banks, health stocks weigh
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/17: (FWP) (CLSN) (GEVO) Higher; (ADHD) (CBK) (UEC) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on Packaging Corp. of America (NYSE: PKG), and cut the price target to $93.00 (from $96.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Jefferies decided to cut estimates to reflect the full $15/ ton cut in linerboard flowing through all of its box business. PKG was also more forthcoming on the containerboard price increase than anticipated, and even baked in pricing in 4Q16.
Analyst Philip Ng commented, "While investors were focused on box pricing in 3Q, we thought mgmt's commentary on the Oct price hike was constructive and gives us confidence it will stick. Separately, with PKG will likely running out of board capacity by late 2017 / early 2018, we believe it's likely to pursue a mill acquisition, which provides good optionality for the stock."
Shares of Packaging Corp. of America closed at $81.13 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- FBR Capital Reiterates Market Perfrm on Wells Fargo (WFC) Following 4Q Miss
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Trex (TREX) to $58; Reiterates Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!