Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $70.00 Following CPUC Testimony
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on PG&E Corporation (NYSE: PCG), and cut the price target to $70.00 (from $71.50), following the CPUC testimony in PCG's TO18 rate case. The CPUC took issue with, among other things, PG&E's calculation of its base ROE, which the CPUC said was calculated incorrectly, and the 50 bps RTO participation adder. In TO16 and TO17, the CPUC made a nearidentical filing as well as requests for rehearing. In all three cases, the FERC rejected the CPUC request to deny the CAISO adder.
Analyst Anthony Crowdell commented, "On 8/19, the CPUC filed testimony in PCG's TO18 rate case at the FERC arguing, among other issues, that PG&E's requested base ROE was incorrectly calculated and is too high, and that PG&E's 50 bps RTO adder should not be summarily authorized. We don't believe the FERC will take issue with the base ROE or adder, and do not see the CPUC filing as heightened risk of a lower ROE when the CA utilities file for '18 cost of capital in April."
Shares of PG&E Corporation closed at $62.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!