Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Murphy USA (MUSA) to $85; Reiterates Buy
- World stocks hold near 16-month highs after strong week
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Oil edges higher on optimism over non-OPEC output cuts
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on Murphy USA (NYSE: MUSA), and cut the price target to $85.00 (from $89.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. MUSA reported 3Q EPS results of $1.16 vs. $1.60 consensus. However, nearly all fundamental drivers to the L-T thesis remains intact and MUSA continues to execute on what it can control.
Analyst Christopher Mandeville commented, "Though 3Q EPS disappointed (largely on PS&W) and 4Q sets up no better given a 2nd set of transitory issues, fundamentals remain strong and key tenants to our Buy rating (merch. GM% outperformance, strong opex/store control, a 5% FCF yield next yr., BS optionality, strong ROIC) remain intact. For L-T investors seeking a high quality operator with solid ~10% L-T EPS growth, we believe valuation has been derisked at current levels and recommend buying on weakness."
Shares of Murphy USA closed at $65.44 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $30 Following 4Q
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
- UBS Raises Price Target on Lowe's Cos. (LOW) Following Analyst Meeting
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!