Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Murphy USA (MUSA) to $85; Reiterates Buy
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on Murphy USA (NYSE: MUSA), and cut the price target to $85.00 (from $89.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. MUSA reported 3Q EPS results of $1.16 vs. $1.60 consensus. However, nearly all fundamental drivers to the L-T thesis remains intact and MUSA continues to execute on what it can control.
Analyst Christopher Mandeville commented, "Though 3Q EPS disappointed (largely on PS&W) and 4Q sets up no better given a 2nd set of transitory issues, fundamentals remain strong and key tenants to our Buy rating (merch. GM% outperformance, strong opex/store control, a 5% FCF yield next yr., BS optionality, strong ROIC) remain intact. For L-T investors seeking a high quality operator with solid ~10% L-T EPS growth, we believe valuation has been derisked at current levels and recommend buying on weakness."
Shares of Murphy USA closed at $65.44 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs (GS) PT Raised to $256.00 at Oppenheimer Following 4Q Report
- Fastenal (FAST) PT Raised to $49 at Credit Suisse Following 4Q
- Plexus (PLXS) PT Raised to $57 at RBC Capital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!