Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Merck (MRK) to $56; Reiterates Hold
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies reiterated a Hold rating on Merck (NYSE: MRK), and cut the price target to $56.00 (from $57.00), as the company's growth remains constrained.
Analyst Jeffrey Holford commented, "MRK was over-rewarded for the failure of BMY's CM-026 study in our view. Whilst we see a c$3.3bn opportunity for Keytruda in NSCLC it is not enough to drive meaningful growth against upcoming LOEs. We expect competing IO combo data in 2017 will lower investor enthusiasm, though strong growth from Keytruda in Q4'16 may offset this to a degree."
Shares of Merck closed at $62.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Downgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Underperform
- KLR Group Raise Price Target on Oasis Petroleum (OAS) to $22; Reiterates Buy
- BWS Financial Cuts Price Target on Sigma Designs (SIGM) to $5.00
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!