Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Marsh & McLennan (MMC) Following 3Q Report
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), and cut the price target to $68.00 (from $69.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Consolidated organic growth of 1% was solidly below consensus' 2.6%. However, Oliver Wyman's 9% decline created a significant drag on the consolidated top-line results. Margins expanded ~200-300bps in RIS and Consulting.
Analyst David Styblo commented, "In our recent preview, we thought brokers would post tepid organic growth. In particular, the Street wasn't adequately modeling OW's drag on MMC. Today's organic growth update for MMC looked worse than what should have been expected. Yes it was a little soft, but MMC's 3.5% pullback (S&P down 0.4%) seemed a little harsh particularly as management drove strong margin improvement in both segments. Valuation is getting more attractive, but we remain Hold."
Shares of Marsh & McLennan closed at $62.70 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Standard & Poor's, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!