Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Marsh & McLennan (MMC) Following 3Q Report
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), and cut the price target to $68.00 (from $69.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Consolidated organic growth of 1% was solidly below consensus' 2.6%. However, Oliver Wyman's 9% decline created a significant drag on the consolidated top-line results. Margins expanded ~200-300bps in RIS and Consulting.
Analyst David Styblo commented, "In our recent preview, we thought brokers would post tepid organic growth. In particular, the Street wasn't adequately modeling OW's drag on MMC. Today's organic growth update for MMC looked worse than what should have been expected. Yes it was a little soft, but MMC's 3.5% pullback (S&P down 0.4%) seemed a little harsh particularly as management drove strong margin improvement in both segments. Valuation is getting more attractive, but we remain Hold."
Shares of Marsh & McLennan closed at $62.70 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Standard & Poor's, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!