Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Magellan Health (MGLN) to $76; Reiterates Buy
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating on Magellan Health Services (NASDAQ: MGLN), and cut the price target to $76.00 (from $86.00). Investors are confused by the 25% meltdown since the company released its 2Q results announced in late July. Investors are also concerned with the company's guidance for the 2H.
Analyst David Styblo commented, "We believe MGLN is significantly undervalued and see upside of 40%. The 25% slide since late July is largely unwarranted in our view. The biggest concern seems to be a steeper than usual 2H earnings ramp. Our bridge brings transparency to that and shows why we believe MGLN will achieve guidance. Additionally, our SOTP analysis suggests investors are getting the Healthcare business (~45% of earnings) for <$5/share."
Shares of Magellan Health Services closed at $53.53 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) Following Solid 3Q
- PAREXEL (PRXL) PT, Estimates Lowered at Evercore ISI
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!