Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Lowe's Cos. (LOW) to $69 Following 3Q
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Lowe's Cos. (NYSE: LOW), and cut the price target to $69.00 (from $81.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. EPS of $0.88 missed expectation of $0.96. FY17 adjusted EPS guidance was reduced to $3.92 from $4.01.
Analyst Daniel Binder commented, "Comp sales grew below the industry again as traffic slowed more than expected – DIY softened more than Pro. This led to a 330 bp comp gap with HD and a widening gap on a 2-year basis vs. LQ. Share loss prompted a refinement of promotions and a bounce in Oct. sales. Mgmt. comp guidance for FY17 implies a wide range of expectations for the Q4 comp (0 to +4.5%) against tough comparisons in LY. Relative underperformance keeps us Hold rated."
Shares of Lowe's closed at $67.02 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!