Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $37 Ahead of 2Q Report
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Kroger (NYSE: KR), and cut the price target to $37.00 (from $39.00), ahead of the company's 2Q earnings report. KR is expecting a relatively in line quarter. However, the did lower comp estimates to 2.2% (From 2.8%) as deflation worsens.
Analyst Christopher Mandeville commented, "With CPI data showing a recent pickup in deflation, we lower our 2Q16 comp but maintain a $0.45 EPS est. (in-line with cons.) as strong fuel margins and cont'd execution on driving tonnage (aka GP$) growth in core grocery act as an offset. While 2Q16 earnings may be safe, a slowing top line, heightened fears over a more aggressive pricing environment and potential risk to 2H16 earnings warrants a reduced multiple. We lower our PT to $37 from $39."
Shares of Kroger closed at $32.16 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!