Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $37 Ahead of 2Q Report
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall Street, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (CXRX) (CERC) Higher; (SGY) (MBRX) (STS) Lower
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Kroger (NYSE: KR), and cut the price target to $37.00 (from $39.00), ahead of the company's 2Q earnings report. KR is expecting a relatively in line quarter. However, the did lower comp estimates to 2.2% (From 2.8%) as deflation worsens.
Analyst Christopher Mandeville commented, "With CPI data showing a recent pickup in deflation, we lower our 2Q16 comp but maintain a $0.45 EPS est. (in-line with cons.) as strong fuel margins and cont'd execution on driving tonnage (aka GP$) growth in core grocery act as an offset. While 2Q16 earnings may be safe, a slowing top line, heightened fears over a more aggressive pricing environment and potential risk to 2H16 earnings warrants a reduced multiple. We lower our PT to $37 from $39."
Shares of Kroger closed at $32.16 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!