Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $37 Ahead of 2Q Report
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Kroger (NYSE: KR), and cut the price target to $37.00 (from $39.00), ahead of the company's 2Q earnings report. KR is expecting a relatively in line quarter. However, the did lower comp estimates to 2.2% (From 2.8%) as deflation worsens.
Analyst Christopher Mandeville commented, "With CPI data showing a recent pickup in deflation, we lower our 2Q16 comp but maintain a $0.45 EPS est. (in-line with cons.) as strong fuel margins and cont'd execution on driving tonnage (aka GP$) growth in core grocery act as an offset. While 2Q16 earnings may be safe, a slowing top line, heightened fears over a more aggressive pricing environment and potential risk to 2H16 earnings warrants a reduced multiple. We lower our PT to $37 from $39."
Shares of Kroger closed at $32.16 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
- Mizuho Securities Adjusts Estimates Following Gap, Inc. (GPS) Comp Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!