Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Janus Capital (JNS) to $14 After Meeting with Management
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/2: (ASNA) (HTBX) (REPH) Higher; (PLX) (MEMP) (DRYS) Lower
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Janus Capital (NYSE: JNS), and cut the price target to $14.00 (from $16.00), after meeting with both Janus and Henderson management. One of the clear take-aways from the meetings is that the cost of being a global investment management firm is rising. In addition, barriers to entry in new markets on an organic basis are also rising. Both mgmt teams highlighted the desire to grow outside of their core domestic markets.
Analyst Daniel Fannon commented, "Earlier this week we spent time with the CEOs of both Janus and Henderson discussing the merits of the proposed merger of equals. With limited product overlap and increasing regulatory and compliance pressures globally, combining these two firms makes strategic sense in an effort to be more relevant to global distributors and institutional clients."
Shares of Janus Capital closed at $13.23 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Pure Storage, Inc. (PSTG) Following 3Q; Reiterates Hold
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Janus Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!