Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Helen of Troy (HELE) to $105 Following 2Q Report
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on Helen of Troy (NASDAQ: HELE), and cut the price target to $105.00 (from $116.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. Revenue came in just -10bps below consensus despite the beauty business declining at the worst rate in two years. EPS was reported at $1.31, ahead of the consensus estimates of $1.14, driven by GM expansion.
Analyst Trevor Young commented, "Last night, HELE reported F2Q17 results. In-line revenue, +420bps GM improvement and a +15% adj. EPS beat ($1.31 vs. cons. $1.14) were positives, but reduced FY revenue guidance ex. Hydro Flask on potential high-teen beauty declines and continued nutrition struggles has us cautious in the near term. We are lowering revenue/EPS estimates and our PT, but maintain our Buy rating as key tenets of our thesis remain intact."
Shares of Helen of Troy closed at $86.87 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Western Digital (WDC) to $75; Reiterates Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) Following Solid 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Texas Instruments (TXN) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!