Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Genuine Parts (GPC) to $95 Following 3Q Report
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Genuine Parts (NYSE: GPC), and cut the price target to $95.00 (from $105.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Auto sales increased 1.5% yr/yr to $2.10B despite a core auto sales decline of 1.5% yr/yr. Industrial revenue declined 0.7% yr/yr to $1.16B and includes a 2.5% underlying sales decrease, partially offset by a 2% tailwind from acquisitions. 2016 EPS estimates were lowered to $4.58 from $4.75.
Analyst Bret Jordan commented, "GPC reported Q3 EPS of $1.24, below our estimate of $1.29 as -2.0% NAPA comps (vs. flat in Q2) and softer wholesale volumes drove a 2.0% US organic auto sales decline. Going forward, we believe a return to more normal winter weather and favorable industry trends bode well for auto segment improvement in Q4. Given continued softness in Industrial volumes we expect GPC to remain focused on cost control."
Shares of Genuine Parts closed at $92.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!