Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Genuine Parts (GPC) to $95 Following 3Q Report
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Genuine Parts (NYSE: GPC), and cut the price target to $95.00 (from $105.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Auto sales increased 1.5% yr/yr to $2.10B despite a core auto sales decline of 1.5% yr/yr. Industrial revenue declined 0.7% yr/yr to $1.16B and includes a 2.5% underlying sales decrease, partially offset by a 2% tailwind from acquisitions. 2016 EPS estimates were lowered to $4.58 from $4.75.
Analyst Bret Jordan commented, "GPC reported Q3 EPS of $1.24, below our estimate of $1.29 as -2.0% NAPA comps (vs. flat in Q2) and softer wholesale volumes drove a 2.0% US organic auto sales decline. Going forward, we believe a return to more normal winter weather and favorable industry trends bode well for auto segment improvement in Q4. Given continued softness in Industrial volumes we expect GPC to remain focused on cost control."
Shares of Genuine Parts closed at $92.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $44; Reiterates Strong Buy
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!