Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Genuine Parts (GPC) to $95 Following 3Q Report
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Genuine Parts (NYSE: GPC), and cut the price target to $95.00 (from $105.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Auto sales increased 1.5% yr/yr to $2.10B despite a core auto sales decline of 1.5% yr/yr. Industrial revenue declined 0.7% yr/yr to $1.16B and includes a 2.5% underlying sales decrease, partially offset by a 2% tailwind from acquisitions. 2016 EPS estimates were lowered to $4.58 from $4.75.
Analyst Bret Jordan commented, "GPC reported Q3 EPS of $1.24, below our estimate of $1.29 as -2.0% NAPA comps (vs. flat in Q2) and softer wholesale volumes drove a 2.0% US organic auto sales decline. Going forward, we believe a return to more normal winter weather and favorable industry trends bode well for auto segment improvement in Q4. Given continued softness in Industrial volumes we expect GPC to remain focused on cost control."
Shares of Genuine Parts closed at $92.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Beat
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!