Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Flowers Foods (FLO) Following 2Q Results
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating on Flowers Foods (NYSE: FLO), and cut the price target to $20.00 (from $23.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. 2Q16 sales of $935M were $11M or 1% below consensus. SG&A expenses were lower than expected resulting in a slight beat relative to estimates at the EBIT level.
Analyst Akshay Jagdale commented, "2Q16 EPS was in line with consensus & better than feared. However, the company lowered 2H16 sales and EBIT estimates by 4% and 21%, respectively. The significant cut in 2H EBIT guidance reflects the company’s inability to reduce fixed costs in the short-term, which we believe is a transitory issue. News of a DOL inquiry is an incremental overhang but we continue to believe most of the bad news is priced into the stock. We reiterate our Buy rating."
Shares of Flowers Foods closed at $16.15 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!