Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Flowers Foods (FLO) Following 2Q Results
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies reiterated a Buy rating on Flowers Foods (NYSE: FLO), and cut the price target to $20.00 (from $23.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. 2Q16 sales of $935M were $11M or 1% below consensus. SG&A expenses were lower than expected resulting in a slight beat relative to estimates at the EBIT level.
Analyst Akshay Jagdale commented, "2Q16 EPS was in line with consensus & better than feared. However, the company lowered 2H16 sales and EBIT estimates by 4% and 21%, respectively. The significant cut in 2H EBIT guidance reflects the company’s inability to reduce fixed costs in the short-term, which we believe is a transitory issue. News of a DOL inquiry is an incremental overhang but we continue to believe most of the bad news is priced into the stock. We reiterate our Buy rating."
Shares of Flowers Foods closed at $16.15 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Cowen Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q
- Mizuho Securities Adjusts Estimates Following Gap, Inc. (GPS) Comp Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!