Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Exelon Corp. (EXC) to $36; Reiterates Buy
- Wall St. falls as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on Exelon Corp. (NYSE: EXC), and cut the price target to $36.00 (from $40.00), after updating the company's forecast model. Jefferies' forecast assumes no changes in prices from 2018-19 but for every $5/MWh change in NiHub prices they see a $0.22 impact to 2019 EPS.
Analyst Anthony Crowdell commented, "Following an update of our forecast model we believe Exelon is the best way to safely invest in merchant generation. While the recovery in power prices may take time, Exelon gives investors a strong and improving balance sheet, optionality on the Clean Power Plan/ZECs, and a growing base of regulated earnings. We find Exelon's merchant business trading at less than $5/sh on 2019 EV/EBITDA and at less than 4x is the cheapest merchant stock in the sector."
Shares of Exelon closed at $32.18 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on T-Mobile (TMUS) to $55 Following 3Q Report
- UBS Cuts Price Target on V.F. Corp. (VFC) to $59; Reiterates Buy
- T-Mobile (TMUS) PT Raised to $46 at Nomura, Remains Sidelined
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!