Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Exelon Corp. (EXC) to $36; Reiterates Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on Exelon Corp. (NYSE: EXC), and cut the price target to $36.00 (from $40.00), after updating the company's forecast model. Jefferies' forecast assumes no changes in prices from 2018-19 but for every $5/MWh change in NiHub prices they see a $0.22 impact to 2019 EPS.
Analyst Anthony Crowdell commented, "Following an update of our forecast model we believe Exelon is the best way to safely invest in merchant generation. While the recovery in power prices may take time, Exelon gives investors a strong and improving balance sheet, optionality on the Clean Power Plan/ZECs, and a growing base of regulated earnings. We find Exelon's merchant business trading at less than $5/sh on 2019 EV/EBITDA and at less than 4x is the cheapest merchant stock in the sector."
Shares of Exelon closed at $32.18 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!