Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Exelon Corp. (EXC) to $36; Reiterates Buy
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall St, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on Exelon Corp. (NYSE: EXC), and cut the price target to $36.00 (from $40.00), after updating the company's forecast model. Jefferies' forecast assumes no changes in prices from 2018-19 but for every $5/MWh change in NiHub prices they see a $0.22 impact to 2019 EPS.
Analyst Anthony Crowdell commented, "Following an update of our forecast model we believe Exelon is the best way to safely invest in merchant generation. While the recovery in power prices may take time, Exelon gives investors a strong and improving balance sheet, optionality on the Clean Power Plan/ZECs, and a growing base of regulated earnings. We find Exelon's merchant business trading at less than $5/sh on 2019 EV/EBITDA and at less than 4x is the cheapest merchant stock in the sector."
Shares of Exelon closed at $32.18 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Packaging Corp. (PKG) to $93; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!