Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Estée Lauder (EL) to $95 Following 4Q and Guidance
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Estée Lauder (NYSE: EL), and cut the price target to $95.00 (from $98.00), following the company's 4Q earnings report. EL's +7% FX neut. sales growth came in below Street's +8%. EPS of $0.43 topped $0.40 consensus and the company's implied $0.32-$0.37 guidance. EL's FY17 EPS guide of $3.38-$3.44 is -3% below Street.
Analyst Kevin Grundy commented, "We are lowering our FY17-18 EPS est. ~4% post EL's 4Q and below consensus FY17 guide. EL's 6-7% org sales guidance is among the best in the group; however, the co.'s enhanced cost-cutting focus - while sensible - is likely to drive rather pedestrian OM% improvement given a higher cost of growth levered to shifting channel, product, and competitive dynamics. Valuation looks full at 14.5x EV/EBITDA. Hold, PT to $95."
Shares of Estee Lauder closed at $91.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Crown Holdings (CCK) Following 3Q
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!