Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Estée Lauder (EL) to $95 Following 4Q and Guidance
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Estée Lauder (NYSE: EL), and cut the price target to $95.00 (from $98.00), following the company's 4Q earnings report. EL's +7% FX neut. sales growth came in below Street's +8%. EPS of $0.43 topped $0.40 consensus and the company's implied $0.32-$0.37 guidance. EL's FY17 EPS guide of $3.38-$3.44 is -3% below Street.
Analyst Kevin Grundy commented, "We are lowering our FY17-18 EPS est. ~4% post EL's 4Q and below consensus FY17 guide. EL's 6-7% org sales guidance is among the best in the group; however, the co.'s enhanced cost-cutting focus - while sensible - is likely to drive rather pedestrian OM% improvement given a higher cost of growth levered to shifting channel, product, and competitive dynamics. Valuation looks full at 14.5x EV/EBITDA. Hold, PT to $95."
Shares of Estee Lauder closed at $91.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Electric (GE) PT Lowered to $35 at UBS Following 4Q Report
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Columbus McKinnon (CMCO) to Buy
- CytoSorbents (CTSO) PT Raised to $10 at Maxim Group
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!