Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Estée Lauder (EL) Following Too Faced Acquisition
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Estée Lauder (NYSE: EL), and cut the price target to $83.00 (from $85.00), following the company's acquisition of Too Faced. The $1.45B deal is expected to close in Dec. 2016.
Analyst Kevin Grundy commented, "We are lifting our FY18-19 EPS est. following EL's acquisition of Too Faced for $1.45B (5.4x sales). The deal is expected to be moderately dilutive to FY17 EPS and improve thereafter (we est. +1-2% in FY18). We view the acquisition as sensible and consistent with EL's strategy of increasing its exposure to faster-growing channels (online, specialty-multi) and key demos (millennials). Maintain Hold, PT to $83, with deal value offset by lower group multiple."
Shares of Estee Lauder closed at $77.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $30 Following 4Q
- Guggenheim Reiterates Buy on United Natural Foods (UNFI) Following 1Q Report
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Tailored Brands (TLRD) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!