Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Estée Lauder (EL) Following Too Faced Acquisition
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Estée Lauder (NYSE: EL), and cut the price target to $83.00 (from $85.00), following the company's acquisition of Too Faced. The $1.45B deal is expected to close in Dec. 2016.
Analyst Kevin Grundy commented, "We are lifting our FY18-19 EPS est. following EL's acquisition of Too Faced for $1.45B (5.4x sales). The deal is expected to be moderately dilutive to FY17 EPS and improve thereafter (we est. +1-2% in FY18). We view the acquisition as sensible and consistent with EL's strategy of increasing its exposure to faster-growing channels (online, specialty-multi) and key demos (millennials). Maintain Hold, PT to $83, with deal value offset by lower group multiple."
Shares of Estee Lauder closed at $77.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- Polaris Industries (PII) PT Raised to $85 at Stifel Ahead of 4Q Report
- Hilliard Lyons Upgrades Community Trust Bancorp (CTBI) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!