Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Essendant (ESND) to $18 Following EPS Miss
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Essendant (NASDAQ: ESND), and cut the price target to $18.00 (from $23.50), following the company's 3Q earnings report. EPS of $0.57 missed the Street’s expectations for $0.67. The -55 bps y-y GM% decline was the primary driver of the EPS miss. Continued topline weakness and detrimental GM% factors (detailed above) lead to new sales guidance of $5.325 - $5.375 bn (down from $5.4-5.475 bn) and EPS guidance of $1.75 - $1.90 (down from $2.15-$2.30).
Analyst Daniel Binder commented, "Customer and product mix shifts weighed on Q3 GM%, leading to a $0.10 miss. Industry consolidation is causing volumes shift to lower margin large accounts while growth in low-margin cut-sheet paper continues to hurt margin mix. Lower than expected sales volumes and inventory cuts are leading to lower vendor allowances. Mgmt. is reacting to eroding EBIT% but is early on in its efforts to optimize pricing, reduce sourcing costs, and lower SG&A."
Shares of Essendant closed at $18.68 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Benchmark Remains Bullish as Marcus Corporation (MCS) Announces Wehrenberg Theaters Acquisition
- KLR Group Raises Price Target on PDC Energy (PDCE) to $90
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!