Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Entergy (ETR) to $74 Following new Guidance
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Entergy Corp (NYSE: ETR), and cut the price target to $74.00 (from $85.50), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Entergy lowered 2017-2018 earnings guidance at UP&O due to nuclear spending, higher expected pension expense, and lower retail sales growth. Management hopes to offset these negatives with rate actions, expense reductions, and interest savings through debt refinancing.
Analyst Anthony Crowdell commented, "ETR reported 3Q16 operational earnings of $2.31, versus our estimate of $2.05, Consensus of $2.02, and last year's earnings of $1.90. Management introduced the earnings impact of the nuclear sustainability plan - increased spending of $1.4B over the next three years - and lowered Utility Parent & Other earnings for 2017-2018 and EWC EBITDA guidance for 2017-2019."
Shares of Entergy Corp closed at $72.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Entergy (ETR) to $72 Following Announced PPA Termination
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on NeuroDerm (NDRM) to $42
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Hartford Financial (HIG) to $55
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!