Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) to $78 Following 2Q Report
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Dollar General (NYSE: DG), and cut the price target to $78.00 (from $96.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. Same store sales increased 0.7%, short of the Street's expectation for +2.7%. EPS of $1.08 was a penny short of Street expectation.
Analyst Daniel Binder commented, "Sales came in short of expectations as pressures built in food deflation, SNAP benefit reductions and increased competition. DG has already taken steps to respond through its own price investment, which is expected to increase in the coming quarters. 15% EPS growth originally appeared conservative given various margin and expense initiatives, but upside looks to be off the table as sales soften and margin assumption come down."
Shares of Dollar General closed at $75.61 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Crown Holdings (CCK) Following 3Q
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!