Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Crown Holdings (CCK) Following 3Q
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on Crown Holdings (NYSE: CCK), and cut the price target to $63.00 (from $64.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. With the floods and a drought in Europe weighing on volumes during 3Q, it is impressive that CCK was able to drive good expansion from cost takeout. However, 4Q guidance was lighter than expected, largely due to higher start up costs, with CCK ramping up new capacity at Nichols, Monterrey, and Custines.
Analyst Philip Ng commented, "With expectations high and start up costs larger than expected, the stock was weak today, but we believe the underlying story remains unchanged and CCK is positioned for profitable growth and to start returning cash back to shareholders in 2017."
Shares of Crown Holdings closed at $54.76 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $30 Following 4Q
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ollie's Bargain Outlet (OLLI) Following 3Q
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!