Jefferies Cuts Price Target on ConAgra Brands (CAG) Following LW Spinoff
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on ConAgra Brands (NYSE: CAG), and cut the price target to $43.00 (from $56.00), following the LW spinoff. Estimates are unchanged and remain in line with mgmt’s LT guidance. Mgmt is guiding to 1-2% annual sales growth, 4-5% EBIT growth, ~10% EPS growth and ~12% annual TSR after dividends.
Analyst Akshay Jagdale commented, "With the LW spinoff now complete, we are reintroducing our estimates for CAG Brands & establishing a $43 PT. We continue to like CAG owing to: 1) attractive LT margin expansion opportunity; 2) significant cash generation potential from asset sales using $4.2B tax loss carry-forward; 3) portfolio reshaping efforts & increased focus should improve LT growth profile; 4) M&A optionality; and 5) attractive valuation relative to peers. We reiterate our Buy rating."
Shares of ConAgra closed at $37.72 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perrigo Co. (PRGO): Cutting Estimates After Management Meeting - Jefferies
- Jefferies Upgrades Williams Companies (WMB) to Buy
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Rockwell Collins (COL) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!