Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Cigna Corp. (CI) Following 3Q
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on CIGNA (NYSE: CI), and cut the price target to $149.00 (from $153.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Management was emphatic about strong 2017 EPS growth after this year's 8% decline. EPS guidance was unchanged. However, Healthcare earnings guidance was lowered by $60mm. CI also ranged capital deployment flexibility at $7-14bn in late-17.
Analyst David Windley commented, "Management sounded resolute in returning to "very strong performance" in '17. By outlining capital resources under a no-merger scenario, management seems to message its intent to deploy. Life claims volume has abated, Disability workflows have normalized, and the Medicare remediation seems close to its end. Our '17 EPS rises slightly on higher MA profits - lower remediation costs offset lower membership."
Shares of CIGNA closed at $117.31 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- UBS Raises Price Target on Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) to $69
- Broadcom (AVGO) PT Raised to $215 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!