Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Cigna Corp. (CI) Following 3Q
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies maintained a Buy rating on CIGNA (NYSE: CI), and cut the price target to $149.00 (from $153.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Management was emphatic about strong 2017 EPS growth after this year's 8% decline. EPS guidance was unchanged. However, Healthcare earnings guidance was lowered by $60mm. CI also ranged capital deployment flexibility at $7-14bn in late-17.
Analyst David Windley commented, "Management sounded resolute in returning to "very strong performance" in '17. By outlining capital resources under a no-merger scenario, management seems to message its intent to deploy. Life claims volume has abated, Disability workflows have normalized, and the Medicare remediation seems close to its end. Our '17 EPS rises slightly on higher MA profits - lower remediation costs offset lower membership."
Shares of CIGNA closed at $117.31 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NetEase (NTES) PT Raised To $305 At Goldman Sachs, Maintains Buy
- Canaccord Genuity Raises Price Target on Boeing (BA) Ahead of 4Q Release
- UBS Downgrades Dynegy (DYN) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!