Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- Health, tech stocks extend Wall Street record-setting rally
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Boston Beer Company (NYSE: SAM), and cut the price target to $140.00 (from $151.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. EPS of $2.48 came in below the Street's estimate of $2.55. SAM's revenues came in -9% below Street estimates on -8% depletion declines.
Analyst Kevin Grundy commented, "SAM's 3Q EPS of $2.48 came in below Street est. of $2.55 with better GM%/ AP&S partially offsetting a big topline miss (-9.1%). The industry is slowing and remains fiercely competitive, driving another downward revision to SAM's depletions guidance (7th in 8 qtrs). A return to depletion growth in FY17 may prove to be elusive, but a burgeoning focus on productivity is encouraging. Cutting FY17-18 EBITDA est. by 9% post-3Q. Hold, PT to $140."
Shares of Boston Beer Company closed at $156.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Dollar Tree (DLTR) to $96; Reiterates Market Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!