Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Bemis (BMS) to $46; Reiterates Hold
- Wall Street hits record high for third day in a row
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Bemis (NYSE: BMS), and cut the price target to $46.00 (from $47.00), following the company's 3Q. The company saw volumes decelerate in 3Q and not the step up the way it had expected. While management seems confident demand will rebound in 4Q, with its current project pipeline and some volumes pushed from 3Q to 4Q.
Analyst Philip Ng commented, "We appreciate the new sense of urgency under the current mgmt team, but execution and the commercialization of new projects have not progressed as well as expected. While mgmt remains confident in its ability to outpace the market with the new product rollouts, it's setting a high bar in a tough demand backdrop and will be needed to deliver better volumes next quarter. We believe shares are likely to be range bound in the near term."
Shares of Bemis closed at $48.72 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Nielsen Holdings (NLSN) to $45
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!