Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Bemis (BMS) to $46; Reiterates Hold
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies maintained a Hold rating on Bemis (NYSE: BMS), and cut the price target to $46.00 (from $47.00), following the company's 3Q. The company saw volumes decelerate in 3Q and not the step up the way it had expected. While management seems confident demand will rebound in 4Q, with its current project pipeline and some volumes pushed from 3Q to 4Q.
Analyst Philip Ng commented, "We appreciate the new sense of urgency under the current mgmt team, but execution and the commercialization of new projects have not progressed as well as expected. While mgmt remains confident in its ability to outpace the market with the new product rollouts, it's setting a high bar in a tough demand backdrop and will be needed to deliver better volumes next quarter. We believe shares are likely to be range bound in the near term."
Shares of Bemis closed at $48.72 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
- KLR Group Cuts Price Target on Bill Barrett (BBG) to $9; Reiterates Buy
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!